Monday, March 16, 2009

Tokyo Vampire Cafe

I thought you guys might enjoy this! When I was in Tokyo this past summer, I was able to go to an actual vampire cafe!!! It was sooo cool - I had to take a bunch of photos!! Here they are, along with the story of my visit!

If you guys are interested, I can post more photos and stuff from Japan too! Just let me know!! It was an amazing trip and I hope you all can go visit too someday!

~~

MY TRIP TO THE TOKYO VAMPIRE CAFE

Being a vampire lover, when I found out there was an actual vampire cafe in Tokyo, I realized had to go!! The problem was, it wasn't a touristy place and so it was a bit difficult to make the visit happen. First, I had to have our Ryoken host (A ryoken is like a Japanese bed and breakfast) make the reservation for me as all of the website was in kanji. Luckily, they had a prix fixe meal plan so we didn't have to choose what we wanted to eat. Then there was getting there. It was in the Ginza section of town, but there was no English directions on how to get there by subway. No street address either! (The way they address places here is really confusing and it seems the whole city has no idea how to get anywhere.) My friend and I decided to take a cab and even the cab driver, after a long discussion with our Ryoken host, still had a hard time finding it. Oh and it was pouring rain, to make matters worse!

But we finally made it! We went up the escalator and entered Dracula's chamber. It was really cool inside - all black and crimson. They sat you down in a private booth and pulled red velvet curtains closed to seal you in. Then they'd bring you the courses -- almost all of them had some kind of vampire theme. (A lot were shellfish, which I can't eat, but there was enough other stuff that I didn't starve.) The waiters were all dressed as gothic butlers and the waitresses as French maids. It was a LONG dinner - over 2 hours long for all the courses.

Anyway, a few pictures below! More if you click one of them and go to Flickr.

Vamire Cafe

Vampire Cafe

Vampire Cafe

Liz Japan 031

Vampire Cafe

Vampire Cafe

Vampire Cafe

Vampire Cafe

Vampire Cafe

Vampire Cafe
Liz eating pasta with chopsticks!

Vampire Cafe
Dracula Dessert!! :)

Vampire Cafe
Me holding up the Japanese version of Boys that Bite!

~~
So there you have it! A real life vampire cafe! What do you think??? Would you go visit if you were in Tokyo?

MARI

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I didn't know there was such restaurant and i was born in Japan! I have to try go there the next time i go! thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! Not only do I love Gothic stuff, but my whole room is decorated in Japanese things. It's my dream to go to Japan. :P

Anonymous said...

I would so LOVE to go there!!! I wish there were some here in the States.

Anonymous said...

sweet never seen anthing like it.i will add that to the ever growing list of "RESONS TO GO TO JAPAN

Angela said...

Wow thats...(whats a good word)...Awesome! Fantastic! I so want to go there >.<..I wonder if Raynes gonna faint when she sees her heaven cafe ^.^ in Blood Ties.

S@mANtH@ said...

OMG!! So damn freaking awesome!! i going there went i finish my studies and get some money to go there!! XD