Thursday, March 05, 2009

Just Read: Vampire Academy

I know, I know. This book has been out forever and there's already two sequels. I'm slow, okay? I mean BUSY. I'm busy writing books and have no time to read them!!





Anyway, if you are just as slow as me and haven't yet enrolled in Vampire Academy yourself, the time is now, my friends. Great book, kick butt heroine, interesting twist/take on vampire mythology, and lots of action--both the fighting kind and the romance kind. And...I have to say, the character Christian is one hot vamp. I liked him more than the guy the narrator's interested in, Dimitri, to tell you the truth. Which probably says something about me - liking the rebelious emo boy over the tough, older alpha guy. But whatevs.

I'm actually going to be on a panel in April down in Orlando with the book's author, Richelle Mead. So if any of you are fans and have questions you want me to ask her, let me know!

In the meantime, while you're waiting for Book #4, check out Vampire Academy. :)

MARI

4 comments:

Alasdite said...

So, you thought "Vampire Academy" was good?
I've been debating on whether or not to read it.
I suppose I'll have to pick it up sometime--along with your other books, duh.
Haha.
Well, I just want you to know--I totally loved "Gamer Girl."
Maddy is so awesome.

Mari Mancusi said...

Yeah, it was definitely good. A lot different than something like Twilight. But worth reading, I'd say.

I'm so glad you liked GAMER GIRL!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Vampire Academy is so much better than Twilight. you will love the next the books and i Guarantee that you will be dying for the next book in late aug.

Book-Luvie said...

Yeah I agree I was interested in Christian more than Dimitri.