Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 02, 2010
The BOOK CLUB is giving away an advanced, autographed copy of NIGHT SCHOOL. You must go to their website and answer the followig question:
In the 2004 movie "Christmas With the Kranks", who does Spike Frohmeyer want the Kranks to free?
Remember, DON'T post the answer here. Post it over on the BOOK CLUB blog in the comments section.
They're giving away awesome prizes all month long, too!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 01, 2010
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Sunday, October 03, 2010
Barnes and Noble
Book Depository (Free shipping worldwide and currently 25% off! A great deal for foreign readers!)
Agnes & Robertson (Australia)
Also, since I'm getting asked this a lot - Night School will be available on Kindle and other e-book formats. I don't know if it will be available on release day or a couple weeks later. Bad Blood was available for e-book download immediately but Kindle took a little longer. But fingers crossed Night School will be available from the start on all formats!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Here are the details: Hope to see you there! Feel free to email me if you have questions!
Haslet Public Library
100 Gammill St.
Haslet, TX 76052
Thursday, September 16, 2010
jareth and rayne by ~babyj213 on deviantART
Sunny McDonald by ~Unique-Winds on deviantART
Rayne McDonald by ~Unique-Winds on deviantART
Sir Leo by ~MangaWarrior5453 on deviantART
Allora by ~sakurahinata23 on deviantART
Allora by ~Sakura-Uchiha93 on deviantART
Allora The Elfen Mage Princess by ~KemmiTheFox on deviantART
If you like the Blood Coven Vampires series then I know you love vampire series with humor. So you need to be checking out my fab author friend Lucienne Diver's books as well. The first was VAMPED and the second, which just came out, is called REVAMPED. So much fun! In Revamped, the newbie vampire heroine Gina--who's like one of the popular kids--has to go undercover as a goth girl. Which is funny because it's like the exact opposite of Girls that Growl where goth girl Rayne had to become a cheerleader! :)
Anyway, you can learn more about Vamped and Revamped--and possibly win an iPod!--at the Bitten By Books event here.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
The final battle is brewing between Vampires and Slayers. But for Sunny McDonald, the true war is being fought over her heart.
Though now officially back in the arms of her vampire boyfriend Magnus, Sunny finds she still can't forget the gentle mortal Jayden who once saved her life. And when the darkness threatens to steal his humanity, Sunny finds herself with a choice. Stay true to Magnus and the Blood Coven or defy them in a desperate attempt to save Jayden’s soul.
Meanwhile, the Blood Coven is gearing up for its toughest fight yet--going head to head with a splinter group of Slayer Inc who's regrouping in Tokyo, Japan, still determined to take over the world. In dark blood bars and hidden temples, it'll be Vampires vs. Slayers in a showdown that could cost Sunny not only her heart...but also her very life.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to sign up to become a vampire in training!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Kindle e-books (USA)
Kindle e-books (UK)
iBooks from Apple (Download iBook ap on iPhone/iTouch/iPad and then search "Mancusi")
Nook (from Barnes and Noble)
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Vampires, Slayers and...FAIRIES? Sunny and Rayne McDonald are about to get SCHOOLED.
After their parents' shocking revelation about their fae heritage and an attack on their lives, the McDonald twins find themselves on the run--forced to hide out at Riverdale Academy , a boarding school for vampire slayers, deep in the Swiss Alps. With no cells, no internet, and no way to contact their vampire boyfriends--the twins are on their own.
Being a vampire stuck in a school full of slayers isn't easy. Especially with no blood substitute stocked on campus. Soon Rayne finds herself succumbing to her bloodlust and losing control--especially around the arrogant, but devastatingly handsome Corbin Billingsworth the Third--who isn't sure whether he wants to kiss her...or kill her.
But when Sunny starts acting strange, Rayne realizes Riverdale Academy may be hiding some deadly secrets of its own--leading to a showdown in Fairyland that may cost the twins their lives.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
In addition, she made a Boys that Bite soundtrack. You can hear the songs on the blog, but here's the track list. What do you think?
BOYS THAT BITE SOUNDTRACK:
Hanging By a Moment: Lifehouse
My Happy Ending: Avril Lavigne
My Heart: Paramore
Yours to Hold: Skillet
What Hurts the Most: Rascal Flatts
Whispers in the Dark: Skillet
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Sunday, April 04, 2010
As in Peeps sushi. Jacob found this blog entry yesterday and I couldn't resist. After all, Peeps are like my favorite food in the entire universe!
First I gathered my supplies. CVS didn't have fruit roll-ups so I substituted them with some kind of sour strip candy. It didn't work as well--not sticky enough--so if you're crazy enough to try this at home I'd suggest real fruit roll-ups.
Then I started beheading my peeps!
It was a sticky process...
But well worth it in the end!!
And there you have it! Peepshi! Just in time for Easter.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
So yay!!! No one will have to learn German! :)
The book is told from Rayne's point of view and the majority of it takes place at a secret slayer boarding school, deep in the Swiss Alps. Rayne and Sunny are hiding out from the (well, you know, if you read Bad Blood!) but find that they may be in even MORE danger from what's going on at the school.
And that's all I'm saying for now! Hopefully sometime over the next couple months I can post an excerpt.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Of course, as always, make sure you call or check online before you go - as you don’t want to get there and find out they’re sold out or a particular store didn’t receive their shipment yet. But looking at their website I can see a good majority of the stores have them available.
The Blood Coven revolution continues! And look for a big official announcement about Book 5 very, very soon!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Beiß mich, wenn du dich traust
- which, translated, I'm told means:
"Bite me, if you dare!"
So cute! The book will be released in Germany in August. The editor said she loved it - I hope you guys will, too! We're now negotiating Books 6 & 7 in German.
For the rest of you, we're still hanging out, fingers crossed, waiting for my US editor to read Book 5 and hopefully commit to publishing it. Keep spreading the word about the series to your friends - the better it does, the more likely it will continue!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010
gamer girl sir leo by ~kittycatmg6 on deviantART
Sir leo redone gamer girl by ~kittycatmg6 on deviantART
GAMER GIRL m y v e r s i o n by *XCloseXToXNothingX on deviantART
Allora by ~4ever-artist on deviantART
Gamer Girl: Allora by ~WinxClub-Riven on deviantART
Gamer Girl- Maddy by ~AnimeArchAngel24 on deviantART
Allora 8D by ~Akatsukifanatic on deviantART
Monday, January 25, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
Anyway, if you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it. Such a thrill. Faced paced and fun! (And only a tad stinky.)
I took a little iPhone video to illustrate the awesomeness.Check it out!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Jamie - jbbird@
Sarah - Seriously Kooky
Eva - eva.s.black@
Bianca - infinitemusic
If you see your name here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me your top three preferences for books and what you already have so I can try to avoid duplicating! Here's the list you can choose from. First choice is given in the order your names are listed above. (That's the order they were drawn by Random.org.)
Also in the email, give me your mailing address so I can get the books out to you!
Bad Blood (autographed) - Mari Mancusi
Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead
Blue Bloods (complete 4 book series) - Melissa De La Cruz
Morganville Vampires (complete 8 book series) - Rachel Caine
Morganville new trade paperback (containing first two books in the series)
The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker (autgraphed)- Leanna Renee Hieber
Shadowland AUDIO BOOK (Immortals series) - Alyson Noel
Wintergirls - Laurie Halse Anderson
How to Ditch Your Fairy - Justine Larbalestier
Gentlemen - Michael Northrop
Ransom my Heart (Princess Diaries) - Meg Cabot
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (book 2 of Ally Carter's Galagher Girls series)
Rampant (autographed) - Diana Peterfreund
Thanks for ALL of you who entered! There were so many of you -- it was so great. I'm definitely going to have make this an annual Christmas tradition!!!
Friday, January 15, 2010
In any case, it's the 15th so the contest is closed to new entries. Now I need a little time to figure out the winners. I'll work on it over the weekend and let you know ASAP!
Thanks again! I can't wait to send out all your books!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Address: 18 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Books of Wonder phone: (212) 989-3270.
I will be reading and signing BAD BLOOD. In addition to me, you'll get to meet Carolyn MacCullough who is reading from ONCE A WITCH and bestselling British author Philip Reeve, who will eb signing Here Lies Arthur, which I sooo have to pick up myself!
Also, if you can't make it, you can order a signed copy from Books of Wonder (they'll ship it out to you after the signing) by going to this website or by giving them a call. They are an awesome independent bookstore so we should all try to support them!
For more info, click here.
Thursday, January 07, 2010
The first three books are also available for autographing.
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Borders has an in-store guarantee program that if the book is not there, they will not only order it for you, but ship it to your house for free. Also they've been very supportive of the Blood Coven series in general and would be my first place to try for a copy of Bad Blood or the other books in the series.
* UPDATE 1/6* I noticed that Barnes and Noble seems to be getting the books in slowly, store by store. Some stores had them before release date, some stores are just getting them today, some stores still don't have them yet. So again, check their website or call before you go. Also, right now I don't think they stock the first three books--just Bad Blood. So if you need those, you'll have better luck at Borders. Or you can always order them online.
Monday, January 04, 2010
1) It is most likely to be stocked at all major bookstores - Barnes and Noble, Borders, Books a Million etc. That said, that does NOT mean they will just have it sitting out on the shelf on release day. Sad but true. Sometimes bookstores have boxes and boxes of new releases show up at the same time and it takes them a while to stock them. Especially when their store may already be kind of torn apart from the Christmas crowd.
2) Before you go, do one of two things: go to the bookstore's website and see if they have a "FIND IN STORE option." Here are the options for Barnes and Noble and Borders. Both have a "Find in store by typing in your zip code option."
Barnes and Noble
Then you can select "Pick up in store". They'll pull the book for you and keep it behind the register so no one can buy it before you get there. (And it saves you the trouble for hunting for it.)
3) You can always call the store. I know, I hate calling, too. But I hate it worse when the store doesn't have my book.
4) If you show up to the store and it's not on the shelf - ASK. Do not walk out without asking. Again, I know it sucks to have to talk to the clerk - I feel that way too. But you want the book, right? Tell them! They more than likely have it out back and just have to find it. Also- just think. You're forcing them to find the books and book them on the shelves - which means other people will then be able to find them too!
5) If you ask and they still can't find it, ORDER it at the store. It's simple. You give them your email address and they order you one. About 2 days later, you'll get an email saying come pick up your book. You don't even have to pay until it's in stock so there's no harm in doing it if you eventually find it somewhere else in the meantime. If you don't pick it up, they'll just put it on the shelf for someone else to buy.
6) If you can't find a store, buy it online. Amazon.com, Borders.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Powells.com, Chapters (for Canadians) A lot of times the books online are cheaper so you make up the shipping costs. I always encourage people to support local Indy stores. IndyBound.com is one I really like.
7) If you prefer to read it online or in an e-book format, FictionWise is one retailer that will have it to download. Barnes and Noble has a version for the Nook. Amazon doesn't seem to have a Kindle version yet, but hopefully they will at some point, as I know the other three books are available via Kindle.
8) Please DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT ILLEGALLY! I beg of you. I haven't seen any downloadable copies yet, but I'm sure at some point soon they'll pop up. But here's why I am asking you not to do it. And yes, I could give you the lecture about it really being stealing, blah blah blah, but in this case I have a WAY more important reason. The publisher has NOT committed to a book #5 in the series and is waiting to see how sales of Bad Blood do before they decide. Therefore, if everyone pirates it and doesn't buy a copy then they'll think no one's interested in reading the next book and won't buy it. And then the next book will not be released in any form in the US. Which would suck cause I'm almost finished writing it and it's coming out really good!! :) Sooo if you're a fan, please buy the book, don't pirate it, and I promise to keep the series going for a long time!
9) Once you read it - email me and let me know what you think. But also if you can, post a review. I'd love to see reviews on Good Reads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc. This helps other people make the decision on whether they want to try the book. Blogging and Facebook and Twitter are other good ways to spread the word. Again, not to sound like a broken record, but the fate of Book #5 is in the balance! :)
And that's all. I can't wait to hear what you think!!! :)