Sunday, July 19, 2009

Just Dance!

Not to be all quoting Lady Gaga, but guys, when you go to a concert, don't just stand there like a lump. The band wants you to get into it. To dance! One of the greatest joys in life is to go dancing! It gives you this amazing euphoric feeling that can't be duplicated.

I went to see goth band VNV Nation last night. (If you've never heard them, you need to check them out. They're teh awesome.) They put on an amazing show. But half the audience just stood there, staring at the stage, doing NOTHING. Sooo boring! Some of the people - I don't even know why they were there! And don't tell me it's all goth to stand there and look mopey - the most dedicated goths I know love to get on the dance floor and get their dance on. It's a chance to express yourself and really feel the music work through your body. It's a beautiful, heavenly experience like no other.

Ronan, the lead singer, was begging people to get into the music and really working it, but it was an uphill battle, let me tell you.

In any case, my boyfriend Jacob and I found a corner and danced all night. I was so sweaty afterwards! But it was worth it!!

Anyway, rant over. Just dance. Rayne and Jareth (and even Sunny for that matter!) will be proud! :)

Mari

1 comment:

jolena truong said...

I am your biggest fan and I think ur totally right