Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cory Monteith: When the stars go out

Hey all,

So sad to wake up to Twitter reports of Cory Monteith's death. I got a chance to meet him at an event a couple years ago and did an interview with him for the television show I was working for back then. He was so playful, so goofy and fun-loving. So full of life. The event was some silly advertisement for Marshals or TJ Maxx - can't remember - but he didn't care. He grinned for all the girls and wore those silly reindeer antlers you see below the entire time.


I'm not a regular Glee watcher, but after that I considered myself a Cory Monteith fan girl. It's so sad to see him pass away so young. Sad to know that under that playful smile he was hurting and troubled. All the success and fame in the world doesn't mean a thing if you can't find peace inside yourself.

RIP Cory.

MARI




2 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

I heard about this last night. So tragic. :(

Lisa Mandina said...

It is so sad. I was a Glee fan, and just can't imagine how it will go on without him.